Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2014

The New Song

(Photo by Andrew Neufeld) 
 

There is a song I want to sing--
Or want to learn to sing;
It is a song of praise to Thee,
Jesus, my Lord and King.

Oh teach me all its varied notes,
Its hidden melody,
Till I have learned to sing by heart,
This song of praise to Thee.

I want to sing, while yet on earth, 
The tender, thankful strain
Of saints, who gladly near Thy throne,
Make Thee their song's refrain.

For though I am not yet a saint,
And though my praises ring
From an encumbered earthly soul,
I love the strains to sing. 

And well I love, I know I love,
Though truly not as they,
Thee, blessed Jesus whom I praise
Feebly on earth to--day;

While there's a song I want to sing--
Or want to learn to sing;
A blessed song of love to Thee,
Jesus, my Lord and King.

~ from Golden Hours: Heart-Hymns 
   of the Christian Life

2 comments: