Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

Katy's Summer With Mother

"I have had a charming summer with dear Mother; and now I have the great joy, so long deferred, of having her in my own home. Ernest has been very cordial about it, and James has settled up all her worldly affairs so that she has nothing to do now but to love us and let us love her. It is a pleasant picture to see her with my little darlings about her, telling the old sweet story she told me so often and making God and Heaven and Christ such blissful realities. As I listen, I realize that it is to her I owe that early, deep-seated longing to please the Lord Jesus, which I never remember as having a beginning or an ending, though it did have its fluctuations." An excerpt from Katy's journal entry of October 1, 1843, Stepping Heavenward.

[What a beautiful testimony of a mother. Katy's mother often puts us to shame. ~ mr]


2 comments:

  1. It's about time to pull out my copy and read it again. I've lost track of how many times I've read this book and each time it speaks to me in a new way. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Many people agree on that one. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

    ReplyDelete