Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Susy's Teacher Mrs. Love

"Susy will be six years old to-morrow," said her papa. "You have all been teaching her ever since she was born. We will now listen to your reports and hear what you have taught her, and whether you have done her any good."

They were all silent, but everybody looked at Mrs. Love as much as to say she should begin. Mrs. Love took out a little book with a sky-blue cover and began to read. She was so modest that she had not written much in it, but this is what she read:

"I have not done much for Susy, but love her dearly. And I have not taught her much but to love everybody. When she was a baby I tried to teach her to smile, but I don't think I could have taught her if Miss Joy had not helped me. And when she was sick I was always sorry for her, and tried to comfort her."

"You have done her a great deal of good," said Susy's papa, "We will engage you to stay six years longer, should God spare her life."

~From Little Susy's Six Teachers

[Susy had six teachers, Mrs. Love, Mr. Pain, Miss Joy, Mr. Ought, Aunt Patience, and little angel Faith. We'll be reading each of their reports to Susy's papa.]

No comments:

Post a Comment